Milwaukee, WI Real Estate FAQs
Here are some of the questions I frequently hear when people find out I’m a real estate agent in Milwaukee:
- 6 Reasons To Buy Milwaukee Area Real Estate In The Current Milwaukee Real Estate Market.
- Should I Wait To Buy Milwaukee Real Estate?
- See What The Milwaukee Area Experts and Economists Are Saying.
- What Does That Mean To You As A Milwaukee Area Home Seller?
- How Do I Improve My Buying Power And Understand The Milwaukee Housing Market?
- Would You Like To Learn More About Buying A Home In The Milwaukee Area?
- Searching For Homes In The Milwaukee Area?
It’s a GREAT Time to Buy!!!
- Are you renting and want to know the advantages of buying vs. renting?
- Are you having trouble with your credit scores?
- Do you know how much of a down payment you need to buy a home?
- Do you think you should wait to buy real estate?
- If you answered YES to any of these questions you are not alone.
Public perception about the real estate market and how difficult buyers think it is to get a home loan are misconceptions buyers have about the current Milwaukee real estate market.
The media is one of the biggest outlets of information and mis-information. The difficulty in buying a condominium in Arizona or Florida has nothing to do with buying a home in the Metro Milwaukee area.
6 Reasons To Buy Real Estate In The Current Milwaukee Real Estate Market
- Falling prices (especially in our late Milwaukee area fall market)
- Great interest rates. (the best in years with 30 mortgages as low as 3.75%)
- 3½% down is all you need to purchase a home in today’s market. I can usually get the closing cost included in an offer to help buyers use the least cash for closing.
- Buyers are in control when making an offer and negotiating (less chance of multiple offers through the end of the year as well as sellers not wanting to carry homes through the winter)
- Motivated sellers (as spring comes buyers will not be as motivated, new listings will be on the market with higher prices and a higher percentage of buyers as always in the spring-DON’T wait)
- Potential tax deductions (this is the icing on the cake)
Should I Wait To Buy Milwaukee Real Estate?
- Buyers can buy a home with as little as 3.5% cash down in our current market subject to buyer qualifications and property condition. The Metro Milwaukee market is not Florida, Arizona, or Nevada. The prices in metro Milwaukee have DROPPED UNEXPECTEDLY this year do to the overall weak economy. As Wisconsin and the nation continue to improve economically, home sales will increase. There is a pent up demand for homes, both selling and purchasing. Home sales are projected to increase 10-15% in 2012 and increase as much as 20-40% in 2013.
- DON’T WAIT, BEAT THE CURVE!!!
See What The Milwaukee Area Experts and Economists Are Saying
- GMAR reports from April, 2012 show that the housing market continued to steamroll through March, increasing 26.5% in the 4-county metropolitan area. March marked the 9th month in a row that sales increased by double-digits.
- For the 1st quarter of 2012 the market was up 22.9% compared to the 1st quarter of 2011. The higher volumes of buyer traffic that brokers have been reporting since late last year, and the resulting sales, have established a firm pattern of recovery in the Metropolitan Milwaukee housing market.
- March saw 1.6% decrease in listings. Inventory of move-in ready homes was at a low not seen since 2007. As a result listing are needed.
- Kiplinger’s Housing Forecast: Positive Signs Offset the Negative The median home price in the U.S. has plunged nearly 40% in a little over five years, but the worst is definitely over, according to a recent report by Kiplinger. Houses haven’t been this affordable since appliances came in harvest gold or avocado green.
- December 15th 2011 John Burns Real Estate Consulting, a national independent consulting, company reported “If I had to wager on 3 things gong up in the next 5-10 years it would be 1) home prices 2) mortgage rates, and 3) rental rates. Things could get more affordable in 2012, but if you are sitting on the fence waiting for affordability to get better, at some point you are going to get burned. I would buy now.”
What Does That Mean To You As A Milwaukee Area Home Seller?
- Now Is The Time To List Your Home In The Milwaukee Area!
- My recommendation to buyers would be to beat the curve and be in control. Start looking now and see what is available in the market. If you are moving up in the market you are capturing a double advantage, while purchasing a home at a much higher reduced percentage than selling your own home. Interest rates are projected to stay low throughout 2012.
How Do I Improve My Buying Power And Understand The Milwaukee Housing Market?
- I am now offering a 7-step program to help you improve your buying power. No cost and no commitment. This is a coaching program in conjunction with a local lender. The program is designed to help you improve your buying power, understand the market, and prepare you to purchase real estate in today’s market. Again, there is no cost and no commitment. Please email me if you would like to learn more or if you have any questions.
Would You Like To Learn More About Buying A Home In The Milwaukee Area?
- Let’s chat – contact me today to set up a time! You may also view a few of my properties to see the mortgage calculator online on how the total payments are calculated on a home payment. The total payment includes taxes, insurance and mortgage costs. EX. A $139,000 home can be owned for as little as a $4896.00 down payment and $1,131.00 per month, monthly mortgage payment.