BUYER’S REPRESENTATION: WHY SHOULD I WORK WITH A MILWAUKEE BUYER’S AGENT?
2014 Real Estate Advice
What are the advantages of working with a Milwaukee buyer’s agent?Despite what some people may think, being a Milwaukee buyer’s agent doesn’t mean that he or she will rush in and hammer the seller into submission. The buyer’s agent works for the interests of the buyer, but also must know how to work with the listing agent so that the seller sells and the buyer buys. Acting in an adversarial manner is not the most effective way to represent a buyer. Only a Milwaukee buyer’s agent can:
- Give a negative opinion or critique of a seller’s property beyond disclosing defects;
- Recommend or suggest an offering price, or give you an opinion about whether a particular house is priced too high or low;
- Structure the offer and draft offer provisions with the buyer’s best interests in mind;
- Recommend and assist the buyer with negotiation strategies for the best price and terms;
- Disclose all information and research about a property’s history and liens so the buyer can make an informed decision. The level of additional investigation and research that a Milwaukee buyer’s agent may conduct for a buyer may vary from agent to agent;
- Give advice within the scope of the agent’s expertise as a licensed real estate agent.